These documents will help you through the processes outlined on this page. You should print them out and keep them as a reference.
- School Technology Staff Installation Overview (pdf, 90 KB)
- System Requirements (pdf, 163 KB)
- Installation and Configuration (pdf, 230 KB)
- Command Line Installation Instructions (pdf, 193 KB)
- Getting Started for School Admins (pdf, 54 KB)
- Importing Student Information (pdf, 25 KB)
- Importing Staff Information (pdf, 162 KB)
- End of Year Utilities (pdf , 86 KB)
Quick Reference Guides
- Getting Started for Students and Teachers (pdf, 102 KB)
- School-to-Home Connection Overview (pdf, 212 KB)
- Student Software License Agreement (pdf, 26 KB)
- myLexia App for iPhone® License Agreement (pdf, 88 KB)
Set Up MyLexia
You will need to set up accounts for your students to use with Lexia Reading. This can be done online through the myLexia website, or en masse by importing a new list of students or migrating existing Lexia users from older Lexia software. An import or migration will result in a file you can send to Lexia to bring into the system.
1. Set Up Schools (District Customers Only)
2. Set Up Teacher & Staff Accounts
Create Teachers and Staff (import template)
You can import teacher and staff accounts. Open the file with Excel for easy editing. Please do not change or add to column headings and create a separate file for each school. Make sure you indicate which file goes with which school and include your customer number in an e-mail to email@example.com. See Importing Staff Information (pdf, 111 KB) for instructions.
- Download Lexia Reading Staff import template
- Create Students. You will only need to create students if you have not imported students as detailed below.
- Create Classes
- Program Assignments
3. Set Up Student Accounts
Use our Microsoft Excel template for adding students. Please do not change or add to column headings and create a separate file for each school. Make sure you indicate which file goes with which school and include your customer number in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. See Importing Student Information (pdf, 25 KB) for instructions.
4. Program Assignments
Students that are new to Lexia Reading can use the Auto Placement feature in the Lexia Reading Student Software to determine the best program and level for them. To take advantage of this feature, all students must have grade assignments.
5. Distribute User Information
Share login information with students and teachers and let them know how to access the software.
1. Download Student Software
2. Install & Configure
- Installation Instructions (pdf, 230 KB)
- You will need your 16 digit customer code (see your Welcome e-mail)
- Please configure all content-filtering software, firewalls, and browsers to allow access to student.mylexia.com and update.lexialearning.com via SSL (port 443).
- Lexia only supports installations where the student software is installed on each student machine.
Note: You can install and configure on one machine and they copy to additional machines running the same operating system type (Windows vs. Macintosh).
- Click here (pdf, 177 KB) to find out how to use Lexia Reading at home.